White Bean Tuna Salad is an easy to make lunch or dinner. The perfect flavorful wrap filling with cannellini beans, tuna, red onions, and black pepper.
WHITE BEAN TUNA SALAD
Tuna White Bean Salad is the perfect no-cook lunch that’s perfect for the Summer. It’s an easy salad to toss together, and keep in the fridge for a quick lunch. It’s much healthier than a classic Tuna Salad, but has even more delicious flavors.
White beans are a protein-packed ingredient than can make a variety of delicious meals. Like White Bean Kale Soup and Creamy White Bean Pasta. This salad is a refreshing, and classic recipe that makes a great filling for a healthy wrap. You can also eat the salad on it’s own if you’d prefer a gluten-free meal.
This refreshing dish is is similar to a traditional Tuscan White Bean Salad. If you want to be a real traditionalist, you can purchase imported Italian tuna. But honestly, canned tuna from your local grocery store will still taste amazing. For quality-tuna some of the best brands to look for are StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water, Chicken of The Sea Tuna Chunk Light in Water, or BUMBLE BEE Albacore Tuna in Water. Buy water-packed tuna and drain the can before adding it to the salad.
The tuna and beans are prepped in a cooling vinaigrette dressing made with wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. This tuna salad comes together pretty quickly after that, the total time for the whole recipe is under 10 minutes.
Due to the tuna and beans this delicious salad is low in calories, but high in lean-protein. White beans are an excellent source of lean protein. And beans are also high in fiber, and bring a great flavor and texture to the soup. White beans also have many nutrients like folate, magnesium, and vitamin B6.
Apart from the beans, the tuna in this recipe brings many health benefits. Tuna fish is good for reducing blood pressure and heart health. The tuna in this salad also increases your immune system, boosts your circulation, and is good for weight loss. This is a great ingredient for weight loss because it has lean proteins and increases your metabolism.
MORE HEALTHY LUNCH RECIPES
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON WHITE BEAN TUNA SALAD
- Bite-size Tuna and Bean Wrap: Prep the salad as you normally would. Then wrap the ingredients tightly in a green tortilla. Once you’ve wrapped the salad, cut it into wrap pinwheels. Put the healthy pinwheels on a platter for an easy party entree.
- Other beans: This recipe calls for cannellini beans, but you can use other white beans in the recipe. Try using Great Northern Beans or Navy beans if you don’t have cannellini. They still have excellent health benefits and make a delicious recipe.
- Add-ins: There are so many delicious flavors you can add to tuna salad. Try adding chopped arugula or flat-leaf fresh parsley for herbs. You can also add scallions, red peppers, yellow onion to the bean salad. Additionally, when you put the wrap together you can add in lettuce or chopped tomato for extra texture and flavor.
- Lemon Pepper Tuna Wrap: A Lemon Pepper Tuna Wrap is a delicious twist on this Bean Salad. Add lemon juice from one lemon, 2 tablespoons chopped mint, 1 tablespoon parsley, and extra ground pepper. The lemon juice plays amazingly well off the flavors of the tuna.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH WHITE BEAN TUNA SALAD
HOW TO STORE WHITE BEAN TUNA SALAD
- Serve: You shouldn’t leave Tuna and White Bean Salad at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: You can keep Bean and Tuna Salad in the fridge for up to 4 days. Just separate the salad and the tortillas. Store the White Bean Salad in an airtight container.
- Freeze: Unfortunately, because of the tuna in this easy recipe it won’t keep well in the freezer.
- 30 ounces cannellini beans , 2 cans, drained and rinsed well
- 1/2 red onion , chopped
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar , optional
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 12-ounce cans light tuna in water , drained well
- 4 green tortillas
- In a large bowl, mix the cannellini beans, red onion, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Gently fold in the tuna.
- Spread the tuna salad in the middle of a tortilla and fold into a wrap.