Beet Salad with Goat Cheese
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese and a delicious yet easy lemon vinaigrette with sliced red onions and salty feta cheese.
Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese Recipe
One of the richest flavored vegetables I absolutely love are beets. A couple of months ago I went to a local olive oil farm here in Sacramento with a good friend of mine, Elise from Simply Recipes. We got a tour of the plant, got to watch them actually make olive oil and learned about the processes involved in producing high quality oils.
Then we got to enjoy the best lunch I’ve had in as long as I can remember. The in house chef prepared an amazing roasted beet salad with pressed grilled feta that I actually dreamed about.
In the absence of that amazing recipe I decided I’d create a fun and easy Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese.
Even with the olive oil, this is still just 2 points per serving. I actually counted the points for all of the olive oil but the beets will mostly not use it and we end up discarding the skin which absorbs some of it too.
Either way, the delicious lemony olive oil dressing is so easy it hardly even qualifies as one. The roasted beets offer so much of the flavor that you don’t need to work too hard to dress them up.
The crumbled goat cheese offers a briny and creamy counterpart to the super flavorful beets.
What to serve with Beet Salad with Goat Cheese:
We LOVE serving this with grilled chicken and roasted carrots and corn.
How to Roast Beets:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wrap beets in aluminum foil and add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to each packet.
- Place on a baking sheet, and roast in the oven until cooked through, approximately 60-65 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool completely before peeling and serving.
More Easy Salad Recipes:
Beet Salad with Goat Cheese Recipe
- 6 red beets, scrubbed and trimmed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap each beet loosely in foil.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil to the beets (almost 1 teaspoon in each packet).
- Close the foil packet tightly to keep steam in.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes.
- Let cool completely then use the back of a spoon to scrape off the skins.
- Cut into one inch cubes, then add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to the beets and toss gently.
- Add the onions and goat cheese and serve.
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 116 Calories
- Total Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Sodium: 342mg
- Carbohydrates: 11.3g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Sugar: 8.7g
- Protein: 2.7g
Made this recipe?
Cooking with Points owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given. If you enjoyed the recipe and would like to publish it on your own site, please re-write it in your own words, and link back to my site and recipe page. Read my disclosure and copyright policy. This post may contain affiliate links.