Lemon Greek Chicken Skewers with greek yogurt and lemon marinade is a quick and easy Healthy chicken dish perfect as a main course or for salads and sandwiches.
Lemon Greek Chicken Skewers
Lemon Greek Chicken Skewers are a fantastically easy recipe to make and they have a boldly flavored marinade which flavors the chicken but also tenderizes it!
Growing up my mom was always marinading chicken kebabs in greek yogurt (this happens when your family is middle eastern, we always marinade in yogurt!).
Why use yogurt in a marinade? Yogurt works great as a marinade because it helps to break down and tenderize chicken breast so its more tender after grilling. It also acts as a barrier that helps the chicken keeps its moisture.
Other tips for these Lemon Greek Chicken Skewers:
- Soak the wooden skewers before grilling them. I start soaking before doing anything else, then just thread the chicken on. No need to dry them.
- Add in more herbs as you like them. People LOVE rosemary with Greek dishes, I just love the milder lemon flavor in this recipe.
- Try not to overcook, white meat chicken will tend to dry out before dark meat. Just a few minutes on each side is plenty.
- Lemon zest and juice is the best finishing topper for the dish and makes the chicken kebabs taste so fresh.
Looking for more Greek Flavored Recipes? Over on Dinner, then Dessert (not a WW blog, fair warning) I’ve got a few for you to check out!
Remember Dinner, then Dessert is Cooking With Points’ sister site. I run both blogs but only this one is Weight Watcher recipe focused.
Tools Used in the making of these Lemon Greek Chicken Skewers:
Grill/Griddle: This combo lives on the center two burners of my oven because it’s so useful. Grilling on this pan is a breeze, I often use it even in the summer to avoid prepping the whole grill.
Lemon Zester: The perfect zester. None of the pith, pure zest.
Wooden Skewers: I used to fuss with metal skewers in the past but these wooden ones are just too easy to spend 30 minutes scraping metal skewers clean. Plus they’re recyclable.
Lemon Greek Chicken Skewers
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Author: Sabrina
- 2 pounds chicken breast boneless skinless
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt fat free
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1 lemon zested then juiced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Soak your wooden skewers in a pan of water.
Cut the chicken breast pieces into 2 inch chunks and put them into a large bowl.
Add in the rest of the ingredients into the bowl and cover with saran wrap.
Marinade for one hour, then thread each piece of chicken onto a wooden skewer (about 6-8 pieces on each one).
Cook on a grill, grill pan, or cast iron skillet over high heat for 2-3 minutes per side.
Serve with lemon wedges or fat free Greek salad dressing on the side.
Yield: 6 servings, Amount per serving: 344 calories, Serving Size: 1 /6th recipe, Calories: 344g, Carbohydrates: 2.6g, Protein: 71.5g, Fat: 4.9g, Saturated Fat: 0.1g, Cholesterol: 175mg, Sodium: 313mg, Fiber: 0.5g, Sugar: 1g
All images and text © for Cooking Made Healthy.Save