Key West Lime Chicken is a favorite dish from the Florida keys. The chicken is flavored with soy sauce, honey, lime juice, and garlic.
If you’ve tried some of our other chicken recipes, like Pretzel Crusted Fried Chicken, Braised Balsamic Chicken, and Skinny Teriyaki Chicken, this is another delicious, but healthy Dinner Recipe for you to try out. Key West Lime Chicken is great for BBQs, potlucks, or easy weeknight meals.
Key West Lime Chicken is packed with absolutely delicious flavor but is quick to make with easy-to-follow directions. The juicy chicken comes together in practically no time with tropical flavors that people won’t be able to get enough of. Best of all, it is low carb, gluten-free, and made with lean chicken breasts.
The flavorful chicken is soaked in fresh lime juice, soy sauce, honey, and garlic. Sauces give the chicken breasts a delicious and complex blend of flavors that are tangy, sweet, and savory all at the same time. The marinade also makes the Key West Lime Chicken moist and ultra juicy.
Key West Lime Chicken needs to be marinated for thirty minutes before cooking, but you can leave it a little longer to let the lime juice and salt tenderize the meat for the fullest flavor. The cook time is fairly short once the meat is done marinating, which gives you enough time to make a side dish but not so much time that you have to spend all afternoon on it.
For an easy weeknight dinner serve up the flavor-packed chicken dish over a bowl of rice. Key West Lime Chicken would be great in a bowl with brown rice, Cauliflower Rice, or Baked Wild Rice. The rice will soak up the flavor from the Key West Lime Chicken, and you can drizzle any extra sauce over the top.
If you’re serving the Key West Lime Chicken for a Summer BBQ put it out with your favorite sides like Macaroni Salad or Baked Beans. You can also top the meat off with some spicy salsa, or sweet mango salsa depending on which flavors you want to emphasize.
More Healthy Chicken Dinners
Tips for Making Key West Lime Chicken
- Marinade: Whisk together the soy sauce, honey, vegetable oil, lime juice, and garlic in a large mixing bowl. Once the marinade is well combined, you can leave it in the bowl or transfer it to a ziplock bag to go in the fridge. Place chicken in marinade. Put it sealed or covered in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. If you have more time let it sit longer to absorb the juices.
- Grill: Preheat the outdoor grill to high heat, and lightly oil the grate. Take the chicken from marinade. Place the boneless, skinless chicken breasts on the preheated grill. Cook the chicken pieces for about 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked through. You can also do this on a grill pan over the stove.
- Sauce: If you want to use the marinade as a dipping sauce, you can thicken it with cornstarch. In order to use the marinade as a dipping sauce, you’ll first need to bring the mixture to a boil to get rid of anything harmful due to the soaked raw meat.
- Serve: Once you’ve cooked the chicken to perfection, serve it up with lime zest and cilantro for garnish, and enjoy.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON KEY WEST LIME CHICKEN
- Add ons: You can add any veggies you’d like to your Key West Lime Chicken to add a punch of flavor. Some great ones to try are jalapeños, red onion, carrots, broccoli, or bell peppers.
- Seasonings: Another way to add extra taste is with your favorite seasonings. Red pepper flakes, paprika, chopped cilantro, or onion salt would all taste amazing.
- Brown sugar: If you prefer a darker sweet flavor, you can exchange the honey in the sauce for dark brown sugar.
What To Serve With Key West Lime Chicken
How To Store Key West Lime Chicken
- Serve: You should not leave your Key West Lime Chicken out for longer than 2 hours.
- Store: Let any leftover chicken cool down to room temperature before wrapping it up in plastic wrap or an airtight container and putting it in the fridge. The leftovers will last for up to 3 days in the fridge before it’s no longer good.
- Freeze: Properly sealed and cooled, your leftovers will be good in the freezer for up to 4 months.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic cloves
- 2 Chicken Breast , boneless skinless
- Mix together soy sauce honey, vegetable oil, lime juice, and garlic.
- Place chicken breast in the marinade, and turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat or use a grill pan.
- Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Take the chicken from the marinade and grill for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, until cooked through.