Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are crisp and chewy, gluten-free cookies with melty chocolate chips. Ready to eat in 20 minutes!
Homemade Peanut Butter Cookies are the perfect Dessert or sweet snack recipe. If you’ve tried Naturally Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies, then you’re sure to love this version. The addition of Chocolate Chips is an easy way to add some extra sweetness and it has quickly become a family favorite.
This is the perfect cookie recipe for true peanut butter and chocolate fans. The flavor duo comes together easily with a handful of simple ingredients and a super quick baking time. They’re easy, chocolatey cookies with the perfect texture. The center is nice and soft with slightly more crisp edges, and every bite just melts in your mouth!
This is the simplest recipe ever, making it perfect for beginning bakers! They’re ready in practically no time with just a few staple ingredients. On top of that, these flourless cookies are surprisingly healthy. There’s no flour, no butter, and no white sugar because brown sugar is used for the sweetener. Healthy peanut butter cookies also provide a fair amount of protein and potassium thanks to the natural properties of the peanut butter.
Unlike a regular Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe, where you’d have to replace the flour with almond or oat flour to make them gluten-free, these cookies are made with naturally gluten-free ingredients. Creamy peanut butter is essentially a combination of ground peanuts and oil, so it provides structure to the cookies along with the rich peanut butter flavor. Therefore, there’s no need for flour.
Make-Ahead Cookie Dough
Try doubling up the batch, so that you have extra cookie dough to freeze for later.
- Double the ingredients, and then arrange the dough balls onto two separate baking sheets.
- Put one of the sheets in the oven and one in the freezer.
- After a couple of hours in the freezer, you can transfer the unbaked cookie dough to a freezer bag for long-term storage.
- They’ll stay good for 9-12 months.
- When you’re ready for baking, arrange the dough balls onto a baking sheet again. Add a couple of minutes to the bake time, so that the dough can defrost and cook. Then enjoy fresh cookies with hardly any work!
More Cookie Recipes
Tips for Making the Perfect Peanut Butter Cookie
- Prep time: Start the recipe by preheating the oven to 375 degrees. Next, line the cookie sheet with parchment paper so that it’s ready to go.
- Dough: Use a rubber spatula to easily scoop the peanut butter out of the jar and measure it. Add it to a bowl with the egg, brown sugar, salt, and chocolate chips. You can use an electric mixer or combine the mixture by hand.
- Shape: Next, use a tablespoon cookie scoop to form the dough into uniform size balls. Drop dough onto the prepared baking sheet with a few inches between each one so that they have room to spread. Then use forks to press down in a criss-cross pattern on the top of each dough ball. This gives the cookies their unique pattern and helps them to properly spread while baking.
- Hint: If you want to make sure these cookies look bakery-worthy, one of the easiest tricks is to set aside handful or so of chocolate chips when you’re combining the ingredients. Then press them into the top of the cookies before baking so that they aren’t hidden in the dough.
- Bake time: Pop the cookie tray in the preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. Let them cool for 5 minutes on the pan before you serve them or transfer them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
Variations on Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chunky peanut butter: Instead of creamy peanut butter, you can use crunchy peanut butter for some extra texture in the Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies. Essentially any kind of nut butter will work in these delicious Peanut Butter Cookies. However, if you use natural peanut butter the cookies will spread out more quickly and be more crispy. This is due to the higher oil percentage in natural peanut butter.
- Chocolate chips: You can slightly alter the flavor in this simple recipe depending on the kind of chocolate you use. Instead of semisweet try using milk, white, or dark chocolate chips. You could also add in some peanut butter chips for extra peanut butter flavor.
- Add-ins: For some different flavors in your delicious cookies, try mixing in ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or a dash of cinnamon. You can also roll the dough balls in large grain white sugar before baking, or top them off with flaky sea salt for a bit of sparkle. If you want mix-ins with extra texture add chopped peanuts or m&ms. Additionally, you can add ½ cup of rolled oats to the recipe to make Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies.
- Vegan cookies: Most peanut butter is already vegan, so the only ingredients in this recipe that you’ll have to change to make it vegan are the egg and the chocolate chips. To replace the egg you can use Flaxseed, ¼ cup applesauce, or mashed banana. You should be able to find dairy-free chocolate chips at your local grocery store.
More Dessert Recipes
How to Store Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Serve: After baking, this recipe can stay good at room temperature for up to 5 days. Cover the cookies in plastic wrap or put them in an airtight container so they stay fresh in your kitchen.
- Store: If you have leftovers that you want to keep longer, you can seal them to store in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
- Freeze: For even more effective storage, seal the cookies in a freezer bag to freeze them for up to 3 months.
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar , packed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the egg, brown sugar, salt, peanut butter, and chocolate chips in a medium bowl.
- Using a 1 tablespoon scoop, scoop the cookie dough onto the baking sheet.
- Press in a criss-cross pattern with a fork.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan to cool completely.