Healthy Bacon and Egg Cheese Biscuit Sandwiches made with 2 ingredient dough are the perfect on-the-go breakfast, protein-packed and freezer-friendly!
HEALTHY BACON AND EGG CHEESE BISCUIT SANDWICHES
You can say goodbye to fast-food breakfasts. With this simple Breakfast Sandwich, you’ll never have to go to the Burger King or Chick-fil-a drive-thru for breakfast again. This Healthy Breakfast Sandwich is the perfect low-calorie and nutritious breakfast for rushed mornings. You can prep the sandwiches, keep it in the freezer and grab one on your way out the door!
If you’re thinking a bacon egg breakfast sandwich can’t be healthy, you’re in for a wonderful surprise. This recipe uses turkey bacon, instead of regular bacon, which reduces the calories and fat. It also uses one part whole eggs and one part egg whites. This gives you the protein from eggs, but also reduces the calories.
Finally, the biscuits used in this meal are wonderfully healthy and simple Greek Yogurt Biscuits. And making these healthy biscuits is a simple matter of mixing flour with Greek Yogurt and baking. Just like this simple breakfast it’s easy, delicious, and oh-so easy!
ASSEMBLING HEALTHY BREAKFAST SANDWICH
Once you’ve cooked the eggs and the turkey bacon, all you have to do is put together the Egg Sandwich. Slice your English muffin or homemade biscuit in half. Then divide the eggs into 8 equal portions. You can use a biscuit cutter to make them fit the bread perfectly. Put the eggs on the bottom biscuit, then the turkey bacon and finally a slice of cheese.
You can finish the sandwich with the top of the biscuit, or leave it open-faced to reduce the carbohydrates.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BREAKFAST SANDWICHES
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON HEALTHY BACON AND EGG CHEESE BISCUIT SANDWICHES
- Other Proteins: There are other meats you can put in your Breakfast Sandwich instead of turkey bacon. Try using sausage, ham, smoked salmon or chicken. There are also many variations on sausage that you can use like breakfast sausage, turkey sausage, or even Italian Sausage.
- Cheese options: You can also use light American cheese, Swiss cheese, or pepper jack cheese in your cheese biscuit. If you need a dairy-free Breakfast Sandwich, you can either leave the cheese out or find a vegan cheese.
- Add-ins: Make this Breakfast Sandwich recipe your own by adding veggies and other ingredients you like. Some that will pair well are spinach, sliced bell peppers, or tomato. Apart from veggies, you can add spices like cayenne pepper, ground mustard, or cumin to the egg mixture.
- Breads: The biscuits in this meal are some of the easiest to make, but you can use store-bought bread instead. Put the filling in a store-bought English muffin to save time. You should also be able to find whole wheat English muffins if you prefer using whole grain. And many English muffins are also gluten free. Aside from English muffins or biscuits, you can also put the filling in a tortilla to make a Breakfast Burrito.
MORE HEALTHY BREAKFAST
HOW TO STORE HEALTHY BACON AND EGG CHEESE BISCUIT SANDWICHES
- Serve: Don’t leave your Healthy Breakfast Sandwiches at room temperature for longer than an hour or 2.
- Store: To keep the Breakfast Sandwich in the fridge separate the filling from the biscuit and put both in an airtight container. The ingredients should last well up to 5 days and you can reassemble the sandwich before enjoying it.
- Freeze: To make freezer breakfast sandwiches wrap the assembled sandwich tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, after they’ve cooled. Frozen Breakfast Sandwiches will keep well for up to a month. When ready to eat, Defrost the Breakfast Sandwich in the fridge overnight. Preheat oven to reheat the Breakfast Sandwich, or lightly toast it in the toaster oven.
- 8 Greek Yogurt Biscuits , recipe
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 slices turkey bacon
- 8 slices reduced fat cheddar cheese
- Mix the eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Grease a skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high heat.
- Add the eggs to the skillet.
- Cook the eggs in the skillet until bottom is solid, about 2 minutes, then flip over and cook an additional 1-2 minutes until cooked through, then set aside.
- Cook the turkey bacon in the skillet on high heat, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Slice the biscuits in half. Cut the egg into 8 equal portions and place each portion on a bottom half biscuit. Top with cheese, turkey bacon, and the top half of each biscuit.