Strawberry Creme Baked Oatmeal is an easy make-ahead healthy breakfast ready in less than an hour with fresh strawberries and bits of cream cheese!
Just like Healthy Blueberry Muffins, easy Strawberry Oatmeal Bake is the perfect healthy Breakfast recipe to feed a crowd for breakfast over the holidays. After just 5 minutes of prep the oatmeal is ready to pour in a baking dish and pop in the oven. Once it’s baked you’ll have a creamy, flavorful baked oatmeal breakfast to feed your entire family and guests.
STRAWBERRY CREME BAKED OATMEAL
Strawberry Creme Baked Oatmeal is creamy, chewy and full of rich flavor you’ll love. This recipe is the perfect oatmeal to make for a family gathering over the holidays or bring to your next brunch. You can easily double the recipe for a bigger group.
Baked Oatmeal is still simple and healthy enough you could make it for an easy weekday breakfast. You can even cut the oatmeal into portable squares for a breakfast on-the-go.
This Strawberry Oatmeal Bake is so easy your kids will love helping you add the fresh strawberries, cinnamon and other ingredients to the oats before pouring it in a baking dish, and waiting for the oven to ding.
This baked oatmeal recipe uses rolled oats. You can use steel cut oats if you prefer, but steel cut oats take longer to absorb water, giving them a longer bake time than rolled oats. Be sure to keep an eye on the oven for when your steel cut oatmeal is done.
Whichever oats you use, this Baked Oatmeal is a wonderfully nutritious recipe that will taste like a real treat. Using low-fat cream cheese makes the oatmeal taste creamy and decadent without adding unnecessary fat. The sliced strawberries and honey add a natural sweet flavor to the oats that is much healthier than sugar or other sweetness.
MORE HEALTHY BREAKFAST RECIPES
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON STRAWBERRY CREME BAKED OATMEAL
- Maple Syrup: Drizzle your oatmeal with maple syrup for extra sweetness. Use sugar-free maple syrup if you’d prefer not to add more sugar to the recipe ingredients. Maple syrup will give your oats a classic breakfast flavor everyone will appreciate.
- Easy toppings: Baked oatmeal is such a versatile recipe that you can easily adjust with toppings and add-ins. Some easy toppings to add to your baked oatmeal recipe are raisins, banana slices, brown sugar, chocolate, nuts, peanut butter, and pepitas. You can add ingredients to the recipe before you bake the oatmeal, or lay them out on the table as optional toppings. If you’d like to add peanut butter, melt it and use a piping bag to drizzle peanut butter over the oatmeal once it’s baked.
- Blueberries: Exchange the sliced strawberries in the recipe for blueberries, or combine the two. You can easily use frozen or fresh blueberries in this recipe. Frozen blueberries can tint your oatmeal blue. To avoid this, try rinsing your frozen blueberries in in water until the water starts running clear before adding them to the baked oatmeal mixture. Some other berry options you could try are blackberries and raspberries.
- Dairy free: If you’re on a non-dairy diet exchange the one cup milk for almond milk, or your choice plant-based milk substitute. You’ll also need to substitute the cream cheese. There are plenty of vegan cream cheese options you can use in this oatmeal recipe. A popular brand is Daiya.
- Oatmeal Cups: Turn your oatmeal into easy shareable oatmeal cups. Baked oatmeal is already a great breakfast to feed a crowd. Making oatmeal cups makes it even easier because you won’t have to cut squares for anyone. Just follow the recipe below to make the oatmeal mixture. Once the ingredients are combined, pour the oat mixture into a lined muffin tin and bake. This recipe should make 24 muffins. Baked Oatmeal Muffins are perfect to serve at your next brunch. You can top each muffin with one or two sliced strawberries to make them extra adorable.
MORE BERRY RECIPES
HOW TO STORE STRAWBERRY CREME BAKED OATMEAL
Serve: Because of the cream cheese in this recipe you shouldn’t leave it at room temperature for longer than 2 hours.
Store: After that, baked oatmeal should be good in a sealed container or covered in plastic wrap in the fridge for up to a week. Be sure the oats are cooled to room temperature before sealing them.
Freeze: To freeze it for later, cut your oatmeal into serving size squares, and freeze them in a ziplock bag separated with parchment paper. It will be good for up to 2 months. Let them defrost in the refrigerator overnight. Then pop them in the oven in the morning. Once they’re reheated you’ll have a healthy strawberry breakfast.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 1% milk , or oat milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 strawberries , sliced
- 3 ounces low-fat cream cheese , cut into ½ inch cubes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 9" pie pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together the rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, milk, egg, honey and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Gently fold in strawberries then pour into pie pan.
- Top with cream cheese chunks.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.