Corn Salad is a flavorful Summer Salad that’s perfect for BBQs or as a side to weeknight dinners. With sweet corn, red onion, and a light vinegar dressing.
Summer Corn Salad is sure to become a go-to recipe. It’s packed with flavors, and the total time to make it is just a few minutes. You’ll be amazed just how quickly this gluten-free recipe comes together. Especially, once you taste just how good it is!
Corn Salad is the perfect side dish to pair with you favorite Summer recipes. Serve it with Lemon Greek Chicken Skewers or Healthy BBQ Chicken Breasts. It’s a refreshing and complimentary dish to many classic Summer dishes.
Unlike so many favorite BBQ sides, this Summer Corn Salad is also very healthy. There is no mayonnaise, or other fatty ingredients. Instead, this Corn Salad recipe uses a light vinaigrette dressing. It’s low in kcal, and completely vegan friendly.
You can serve this as a regular salad that you eat by itself, or eat it like a dip with chips. Scoop up delicious bites of corn with tortilla or Frito chips. This is an excellent option when you’re serving the salad at a game night or get-together. You can serve it along with dips like Greek Yogurt Black Bean Dip and tomato salsa.
Although this recipe calls for frozen corn, you can use fresh corn from the cob if you have it. Follow this easy step-by-step guide to prepare corn from the cob for your Corn Salad recipe.
- Husk the corn, then put the corn cobs in a large pot of water and boil.
- Once cooked remove the cobs from the water with tongs and let cool.
- Stand the cob up over a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut down the length of the corn, removing the kernels.
- Repeat until the corn kernels are removed from all sides of the fresh corn.
- Put the fresh corn kernels in a large bowl to mix with onion and basil. Feel free to add other chopped ingredients like avocado, tomato, cilantro, cucumber, or bell pepper.
MORE HEALTHY SALAD RECIPES
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CORN SALAD
- Grilled Corn Salad: If you’d like to use fresh instead of frozen corn, you can make grilled corn. To do this place the corn cob directly on the grill grate. The corn will start to brown slightly. Be sure to turn it, and don’t cook it too dark. Remove the corn from the heat and let it cool. Then cut off the corn kernels, and add them to the other ingredients.
- Add-ins: There are so many extra ingredients that taste amazing in Fresh Corn Salad. Chop some tomatoes, green onions, cucumbers, red bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, cilantro, or scallions. Apart from adding tomatoes and other veggies you can also add some cheese. Try feta cheese or cotija in your salad. Finally, you can change the taste of the dressing by adding lime juice and wine vinegar to the extra virgin olive oil.This will give a sour and slightly bitter contrast to the sweet corn. Be sure to only add a tablespoon of the vinegar and only a dash of lime juice.
- Vegan-friendly Protein: Make this salad more filling by adding some vegetarian protein. Mix black beans and chopped avocado in your salad. Although, Avocados aren’t super high in protein they do have some, and they go wonderfully with black beans. The creaminess of the avocado, and the texture of a the black beans add a lot to the salad. They also bring extra protein and nutrients to the corn dish.
WHAT TO SERVE CORN SALAD WITH
HOW TO STORE CORN SALAD
- Serve: To keep the corn and other ingredients fresh, don’t leave the salad out for more than a few hours.
- Store: If you have leftovers, cover the corn or store it in an airtight container. It should last for up to 3 days in the fridge.
- Freeze: You can freeze the Corn Salad. However, this is best before you add the dressing. Freeze the ingredients for up to 10 months. When you’re ready to eat the salad, defrost the salad and make the dressing fresh.
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 16 ounces frozen corn , defrosted and drained
- 1 small red onion , diced
- 6 fresh basil leaves , minced
- In a mixing bowl, mix the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Toss the corn, onion, and basil in a salad bowl. Pour dressing over the corn salad and toss gently until well coated.