Corn and Avocado Salad with Tomatoes and Cucumbers and a healthy homemade vinaigrette is an easy summer salad that’s as delicious as it is healthy for you!
Just like my Pico de Gallo Salad, Dill Cucumber Salad and Beet Salad with Goat Cheese, corn avocado salad is one of those delicious recipes that only takes a few minutes to whip up. If this is your first time making a summer corn salad, you’re in for a treat.
CORN AVOCADO SALAD
A delicious summer salad with a rich, Mexican American flavor, corn avocado salad is the perfect side for a BBQ and it also is a delicious dip with healthy Kale Chips. A great healthy, vegan option for your next potluck or weeknight dinner.
HOW TO MAKE CORN AVOCADO SALAD:
- Chop up your avocados, tomatoes, cucumber and parsley.
- Whisk together the oil, lemon juice and spices.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, cucumber, tomato and avocadoes.
- Toss gently with dressing before serving.
- Fresh corn: if you don’t mind shucking some corn husks, fresh corn is a delicious alternative to using canned or frozen corn for this recipe. Pick up a few ears of corn from the grocery store and quickly boil them before cutting the kernels off the cob and mixing them into the salad. You can also used grilled corn.
- Lime: instead of using lemon juice, sprinkle some fresh lime zest over the corn salad and mix it in for a zesty, fresh texture that brings out the other fruits.
- Feta cheese: crumble up some feta cheese over the top for a unique flavor if you’re looking to mix it up a little.
- Grilled chicken: if you want to upgrade my corn salad from a side dish to an entree, grill up some chicken and mix it in to the salad or serve it whole on top.
- Veggies: add bell pepper, scallions, red onion and grape tomatoes for some fun variation.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
What to Serve with Avocado Corn Salad:
- Mexican Shrimp Burrito Bowl: A great complement to a fresh shrimp meal.
- Thai BBQ Salmon: delicious, rich Thai-style BBQ sauce that tastes delicious and is good for you over yummy, moist salmon.
- Shrimp Fajitas: the nice thing about this delicious, Baja inspired fajita recipe is that also makes a delicious filling for tacos or burritos without having to change a thing.
WHY EAT AVOCADOS?
Avocado, aka the Alligator Pear, is a super food that is full of nutrients that have long-reaching health benefits.
- Unlike other fruits that have a ton of natural sugar, avocado is high in healthy fats instead. The fats in avocado metabolize differently in your body and don’t add to fat stores while still being high in protein.
- Avocados are high in vitamin B5, B6, C, E and K, as well as antioxidants, potassium, fiber and oleic acid, which can help prevent heart disease.
- The naturally-occurring chemicals in avocados can help lower the body’s bad cholesterol while raising the good cholesterol.
- If you still need a reason to eat avocados, here’s a really good one: they’re absolutely delicious.
How to Store Avocado Corn Salad?
- Serve: you shouldn’t leave corn avocado salad out for too long in order to keep the the fruit fresh and avocados from browning.
- Store: if you want to save the leftovers for lunch the next day, you can keep corn avocado salad in the fridge for up to 4 days before the avocados get too mushy.
- Freeze: don’t. Defrosted tomatoes turn into slush.
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons , juiced and zested
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 avocados , cubed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 cucumber , sliced into half circles
- 1 cup corn
- parsley , for garnish (optional)
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Add the avocados, tomatoes, cucumber and corn to a large bowl and toss gently with dressing.