Garlic Herb Shrimp made with olive oil, fresh herbs, lemon and garlic. This is the easiest one skillet shrimp dinner!
Garlic Herb Shrimp
Garlic Herb Shrimp is made in your skillet in under 10 minutes from start to finish. If you start with peeled and deveined shrimp the longest part of this meal is heating up the oil and your pan!
We love cooking with fresh herbs because of all the fresh flavors they give the shrimp. Plus there is a feeling of indulgence that comes with the shrimp being coated in flavors.
When you’re cooking shrimp you want to be sure all the other foods you’re serving along side the shrimp are already done before you start cooking your shrimp.
Garlic Herb Shrimp Flavors:
- Fat: Extra Virgin Olive Oil – We only use a little bit, but it adds a lot of flavor. You can also use avocado oil in it’s place if you’d like.
- Acid: We LOVE cooking with lemons and in this recipe I use lemon juice and lemon zest for a punch of fresh flavors.
- Heat: Crushed red pepper flakes and coarse ground black pepper. We add flavor, heat and balance with some pepper flakes and black pepper.
- Herbs: Chopped Parsley and fresh oregano add a fresh herb flavor to the recipe to round out the flavors well.
- Garlic: Garlic adds a punch of flavor but you CAN skip it here if you want. The other flavors can stand alone without it and be balanced as well.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
Tips for the perfect Shrimp:
- Shrimp benefits from high heat FAST cooking, so I cook shrimp on high heat with a bit of oil for 30-45 seconds per side. Once you see a bright pink edge, flip the shrimp over to finish cooking.
- Have all your ingredients prepped and ready to go before you start heating your skillet. Once you start cooking the recipe is done in under 5 minutes.
- Cook your garlic until it becomes fragrant and no more or it will burn.
- Make sure you defrost any frozen shrimp well and dry off any shrimp that is still wet.
- Cooking wet shrimp will cause the shrimp to steam instead of sear.
- Buy peeled and deveined shrimp for easy use but never buy precooked.
- Precooked shrimp is tough, rubbery and with a 1 minute cook time there’s never a reason you can’t cook it yourself.
- Remove tails before cooking the shrimp in your pan for easy eating (they are left on here for photography purposes).
What to serve with Garlic Herb Shrimp?
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds shrimp 16-20 count , peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon , juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup parsley , chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano , chopped
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add the shrimp to your pan and cook for 1 minute on each side.
- Add the garlic to the pan and let cook for 30 seconds, then stir and add in the salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, lemon juice and zest, parsley and oregano and toss to combine before removing from heat.