Tuscan Chicken Spinach Soup is a comforting weeknight meal with tender chicken breast, veggies, Italian seasonings, and cannellini beans.
This easy soup recipe is an easy One-Pot Meal that’s perfect to serve during the cold times of the year. It’s family-friendly and the warm broth, vegetables, and chicken make it the ultimate comfort food. For more healthy soups try our Lentil Soup or White Bean Kale Soup next.
TUSCAN CHICKEN SPINACH SOUP
There’s nothing like a warm pot of soup during the winter. Especially, if that soup is ready in 25 minutes! The ingredients all come together easily in a savory blend of flavors for the perfect hearty dish.
Tuscan Soup is a classic Italian-style soup that can refer to a variety of soup made with cannellini beans, veggies, and a creamy broth. This delicious soup recipe is made with tender chicken, white beans, and tasty vegetables.
Making soup with veggies is a great way to get your family to eat healthy because the vegetables melt so perfectly with the rest of the fantastic ingredients. The tomatoes, zucchini, fresh spinach, celery, and carrots add a lot of nutrients, taste, and color to the dish while also absorbing the flavors of the chicken, beans, and broth.
For the perfect filling dinner, try serving this dish up with your favorite bread or rolls to dip into the soup bowl. It would taste amazing with fresh garlic bread or Rosemary Focaccia Bread.
MORE SOUP RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING TUSCAN CHICKEN SPINACH SOUP
- Beans: Pour half the cannelloni beans into a bowl, then use a fork to mash them into a paste. Set them to the side. They’ll help to thicken the soup later.
- Chicken: Heat the oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the chopped chicken and cook on the stovetop until it’s cooked through. Then remove the chicken and set it to the side.
- Onion mixture: Add extra oil if necessary, then add the onions, carrots, celery, zucchini, garlic, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Soup: Add in the vegetable broth and tomatoes, and bring the Tuscan soup to a boil. Add the mashed and whole white beans to the pot along with the chicken. Stir the one-pot chicken soup well, and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Then add the spinach and simmer for another 2 minutes before you ladle soup into bowls.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON TUSCAN CHICKEN SPINACH SOUP
- Vegetables: For some extra veggie ingredients, try adding in sun-dried tomatoes, kale, bell peppers, or sliced mushrooms.
- Beans: If you want more legumes to go along with the white beans, or to replace them, try pinto beans, kidney beans, or black beans.
- Seasonings: For some extra flavor, try adding in seasonings like red pepper flakes, bay leaf, thyme, rosemary, or sage.
- Broth: If you prefer the flavor, you can replace the vegetable broth with chicken stock.
- Pasta: An easy way to make this recipe more filling is by adding in some cooked pasta. Pasta soups are delicious, easy, and kid-friendly, so why not try adding some noodles to Tuscan Chicken Soup? Elbow macaroni, shell pasta, farfalle, or penne noodles would all work well.
- Toppings: Before serving, try adding delicious toppings like bacon bits, or turkey bacon. You could also sprinkle on some cheese. Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, or fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese would taste amazing with this soup.
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES
HOW TO STORE TUSCAN CHICKEN SPINACH SOUP
- Serve: Serve the soup up in bowls while it’s still hot. If there are any leftovers, you don’t want to leave them at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: Let the Tuscan Soup cool, then transfer it to an airtight container to store in the fridge. It will keep well in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Freeze: You could also store the soup in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 2 chicken breasts , cubed
- 1 yellow onion , diced
- 2 carrots , diced
- 2 stalks celery , diced
- 1 zucchini , diced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes , undrained
- 15 ounces cannellini beans , drained and rinsed
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- Mash half of the cannellini beans with a fork, and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pot on medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook through.
- Remove the chicken and set it to the side.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, zucchini, garlic, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper, and cook stirring occasionally until the onions are translucent about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add the whole and mashed beans to the pot along with the chicken.
- Stir well and let simmer for5 minutes, add in the spinach, and cook for2 minutes.