Roasted Carrots made in 25 minutes with 5 ingredients are a tasty side dish with olive oil, kosher salt, black pepper, and fresh dill.
This is an easy, healthy recipe that even picky eaters are sure to love! With only a handful of ingredients, they’re easy to add to any weeknight dinner. For other Side Dishes that also don’t require a lot of work but will still impress your family, check out Baked Wild Rice, Mashed Cauliflower, and Healthy Green Bean Casserole.
This amazing Roasted Carrot recipe is the perfect addition to any dinner table. If you want to get your whole family enjoying their veggies, then roasting is the way to go. Tossing the vegetables with a little oil and seasoning then popping them in the oven is the perfect way to get crisp vegetables packed with flavor. This roasting technique is also found in Roasted Zucchini, Roasted Red Onions, and now these cooked carrots.
I’m always looking for ways to add more veggies into our diet and carrots are a highly nutritious option being known as a good source of beta-carotene and antioxidants. They’re also are high in fiber, vitamin A, and vitamin C, leading many health experts to dub it a superfood.
Along with the health benefits, these delicious, savory carrots are super easy to make. It only takes a few ingredients, easy directions, and 20 minutes in the oven to make the ultimate carrot side that goes with so many dinner recipes.
MORE SIDE DISH RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED CARROTS
- Prep time: Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F. For easy cleanup you can also line the rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Carrots: Slice carrots length-wise if they’re too thick. Then cut all of them diagonally into 1 1/2-inch sized pieces. Then toss the carrots with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cooking time: Lay the carrots in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, then pop them in the oven to roast for 20 minutes.
- Serve: After the roasting time, toss the carrots in minced dill or fresh parsley according to taste and serve.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS FOR ROASTED CARROTS
- Spices: There are lots of Baked Carrot Variations you can make with different seasonings. Try replacing the dill or parsley with fresh thyme to get a lemony and minty tone. You could also try chili powder, cinnamon, garlic powder, paprika, coriander, or rosemary.
- Honey Butter Carrots: Try making sweet glazed carrots with honey. Toss them with 2 tablespoons melted butter, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley. Then bake as usual for sweet honey carrots.
- Balsamic vinegar: Another glaze you can add to the carrots instead of honey is balsamic vinegar. Prep the recipe as usual and then drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the top.
- Cheese: For some melty cheese try sprinkling shredded parmesan, mozzarella, provolone, or Swiss cheese over the top before roasting.
- More veggies: You can roast other kinds of vegetables along with the carrots. Try tossing in Brussels sprouts, parsnips, sweet potatoes, or green beans.
WHAT GOES WITH ROASTED CARROTS
HOW LONG ARE ROASTED CARROTS GOOD?
- Serve: You shouldn’t leave Roasted Carrots at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: If you have leftover carrots, you can store them in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. Cover them in plastic wrap or foil, or put them in an airtight container to keep them fresh in the fridge. You can reheat them on the stovetop or in the oven for a few minutes.
- Freeze: They’ll stay good frozen for 10-12 months. Make sure to properly store them in an airtight container or a heavy-duty freezer bag.
- 12 carrots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill or parsley , minced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- If the carrots are thick, cut them in half lengthwise; if not, leave whole.
- Slice the carrots diagonally in 1 1/2-inch thick slices. (The carrots will shrink while cooking so make the slices big.)
- Toss them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer to a sheet pan in 1 layer.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, until browned and tender.
- Toss the carrots with minced dill or parsley, season to taste, and serve.