Mexican Shrimp Burrito Bowl
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Mexican Shrimp Burrito Bowl made with spiced shrimp, corn, black beans, tomatoes and chilis tossed with a honey lime glaze for just 1 smart point per serving!
Mexican Shrimp Burrito Bowl that you can eat as is or serve over steamed cauliflower rice for 1 point! In fact if I left out the honey glaze you could enjoy this recipe for ZERO points.
How much are we all loving the freestyle plan? Recipes like this used to be 5 points a serving, but with the new plan a delicious plate of food my non WW family members fought over the remnants of is just one single solitary freestyle smart point.
Plus from start to finish it takes just 30 minutes.
I work with deveined and peeled shrimp for this dish because getting a quick meal together is much more enjoyable when no one is in charge of deveining shrimp.
For the sake of pictures I left the tails on, but one of my kids is actually in charge of squeezing the tails off before cooking so we don’t have a plate full of tails to struggle with.
I also use a homemade taco seasoning mix in this recipe, but if you have a taco seasoning you prefer you can feel free to substitute out the herbs/spices for your mix.
Just make sure your recipe is prepped before cooking, once the shrimp is cooking you can’t start opening cans of vegetables and measuring things out, the shrimp will overcook in the time it takes you to open the cans.
Tools used in the making of this Mexican Shrimp Burrito Bowl:
Zester: Perfect for zesting citrus.
Cast Iron Skillet: I use this to cook in as cast iron is naturally non stick and you can cook over high heat without worrying about any non stick coatings releasing gases.
Honey: I use this brand because it is guaranteed to be real honey and it is the best price per pound (but buy it in the store!)
How to make Mexican Shrimp Burrito Bowl:
Mexican Shrimp Burrito Bowl
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 pound 21-25 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1/4 cup canned diced green chilis
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lime, zested and juiced
- cilantro, optional for garnish
- Add the canola oil to the pan and heat on medium high.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook an additional minute.
- Add the garlic to the pan and stir.
- Add the seasonings to the pan and stir again.
- Add the corn, the black beans and the chilis and stir until well coated.
- Add in the honey, lime juice, and lime zest and stir.
- Remove from the heat and add in the tomatoes, green onions and cilantro (if using).
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1/4th recipe
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 347 Calories
- Total Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 194mg
- Sodium: 478mg
- Carbohydrates: 46.1g
- Fiber: 9.9g
- Sugar: 8.1g
- Protein: 35g
Made this recipe?
Cooking with Points owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given. If you enjoyed the recipe and would like to publish it on your own site, please re-write it in your own words, and link back to my site and recipe page. Read my disclosure and copyright policy. This post may contain affiliate links.