Shrimp Fajitas made with fresh shrimp, vegetables, and spicy fajita seasoning are the PERFECT healthy one-pan meal, ready in under 15 minutes!
Easy, quick shrimp meals are a fun way to eat healthy in the new year and some of the most popular recipes on the site are shrimp ones including Chili Honey Lime Shrimp, Mexican Shrimp Burrito Bowl and Chinese Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry.
Shrimp Fajitas are the PERFECT healthy weeknight meal, made with tender juicy shrimp in a spicy fajita seasoning with caramelized onions and bell peppers.
It’s low carb, plus it’s ready in under 15 minutes! This is one of my favorite go-to recipes when I don’t have a lot of time but still want something healthy.
You can serve shrimp fajitas with fresh avocado, salsa, low fat sour cream (or plain greek yogurt), and warm corn tortillas or brown rice. If you’re watching carbs, try this wrapped in butter lettuce instead of tortillas, or served over spaghetti squash.
HOW TO MAKE THIS SHRIMP FAJITAS RECIPE IN THE OVEN
- Make sheet pan shrimp fajitas by lining a large baking sheet with parchment paper and preheating the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix everything together with fajita seasoning in a large bowl.
- Spread veggies out on sheet pan, lightly spray with olive oil cooking spray and bake for 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp on top of veggies and cook an additional 10 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through.
- If you want, you can broil the pan for 1-2 minutes to give the veggies a charred look. Watch this part closely so it doesn’t burn.
WHAT OTHER VEGGIES CAN YOU ADD TO SHRIMP FAJITAS?
- Cherry tomatoes
- Jalapeno or poblano peppers
Create a free account to Save Recipes
HOW LONG DO SHRIMP FAJITAS KEEP?
Shrimp fajitas will keep refrigerated for 1-2 days, when sealed in an airtight container.
CAN YOU FREEZE SHRIMP FAJITAS?
You technically can, but I don’t recommend it because when you reheat the shrimp it has a tendency to overcook (especially in the microwave) and become rubbery.
What you can do to meal prep this is stir fry the fajita veggies until they’re almost cooked through but not quite, cool, and seal in a plastic bag. Freeze, then when you’re ready prep fresh shrimp and add the fajita veggies just long enough to warm up.
MORE SHRIMP RECIPES
- Chinese Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Skinny Teriyaki Shrimp
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi Spaghetti Squash
- Skinny Chinese Orange Shrimp
- Chili Honey Lime Shrimp
- Mexican Shrimp Burrito Bowl
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS SHRIMP FAJITAS RECIPE
- Fajita seasoning is really close to taco seasoning, so you can sub in a taco seasoning packet instead of the spices in this recipe. Use low sodium if needed.
- Watch the shrimp carefully as it can overcook quickly if left unattended. They need about a total time of 1-2 minutes on each side to cook through.
- Serve with extra lime wedges so your guests can enjoy a fresh squeeze of lime juice on their fajitas.
- Add the shrimp to a plastic bag with a few tablespoons of olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper to make a fajita marinade. Marinate a few hours before cooking for extra flavor.
- You can top these with fresh shredded cabbage or lettuce, really similar to fish tacos.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, jalapeno slices, or low fat sour cream (or plain greek yogurt).
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 pounds shrimp peeled and deveined (13-15 count)
- 1 red onion cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- chopped cilantro as a garnish
- Add the chili powder, kosher salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, cumin and shrimp in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the canola oil to a large skillet on medium high heat then add the shrimp to the skillet and cook until 1 minute on the each side then remove from the pan.
- Add the rest of the canola oil and the onions, bell peppers and garlic to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp back to the pan and squeeze half the lime wedges over the pan before serving.