Whole Wheat Banana Bread is a lightened-up version of classic banana bread that is just as moist, soft, and flavorful! Made with mashed bananas, cinnamon, vanilla, and whole wheat flour.
Just like Healthy Banana Cake, this sweet and good-for-you Banana Bread recipe is the perfect Baked Good to use up over-ripe bananas. And it’s so delicious, you’ll start to get excited when you see bananas going bad!
WHOLE WHEAT BANANA BREAD
The flavors from the bananas, maple syrup and orange juice in this recipe are to die for! The maple syrup and orange juice are excellent sweeteners because they don’t add refined sugar to this Healthy Banana Bread. This makes them a much healthier option than white or brown sugar. And the orange juice is an excellent non-dairy ingredient to add moisture to the wet ingredients while leaving the bread 100% dairy-free. It’s the perfect quick bread for a dessert, snack, or healthy breakfast!
This Healthy Banana Bread recipe is perfect to try baking with your kiddos! It will be easy enough for them, because the nutritious ingredients come together in minutes, then you just pop the bread in the oven. It’s sure to become a new go-to recipe the next time you have overripe bananas!
To make this easy Banana Bread start by preheating the oven and prepping the loaf pan with a non-stick cooking spray or butter. Combine the wet ingredients, plus the salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Add the dry ingredients and stir without over-mixing. Once the dry ingredients are stirred in pour the batter into the pan and bake. To check your Banana Bread is finished stick a toothpick in the center of the loaf. If the toothpick comes out clean take the Healthy Banana Bread out of the oven and let it cool.
Along with being delicious and easy Healthy Banana Bread recipe is also wonderfully nutritious. Bananas are a great source of vitamins and potassium. They are also low fat, but still filling, which makes this Banana Bread recipe a great way to start your morning!
This Healthy Banana Bread Recipe also uses maple syrup, instead of white or brown sugar, a much healthier sweetener. And it uses wheat flour, instead of all-purpose flour or any other less healthy flour options. Whole wheat flour has more fiber than white flour. It also contains more vitamins and magnesium. So, even though this Whole Wheat Banana Bread recipe tastes like an indulgent dessert, you can enjoy it for breakfast while sticking to your diet.
MORE SWEET BREAD RECIPES
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON WHOLE WHEAT BANANA BREAD
- Banana Nut Bread: Add some more texture to your Healthy Banana Bread by tossing in some chopped pecans and walnuts before baking to make a traditional Banana Nut Bread.
- Mix-ins: There are plenty of other add-ins you can try like like chocolate chips. Melty Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is an absolute classic. Add dark chocolate chips, semisweet chocolate chips, or milk chocolate chips according to your preference. You can also add other fruit to the bananas. Try strawberries, blueberries, or something as simple as raisins.
- Flour options: If you don’t have whole wheat flour replace it in this banana loaf with white whole wheat flour, or white flour. You can also exchange it for a plant-based flour to make your bread gluten-free. Use almond flour or oat flour for a gluten-free Banana Bread Recipe.
- Healthy Banana Muffins: Instead of using your ripe bananas to make a loaf of bread, make an easy on-the-go breakfast. Just mix the bananas with the other ingredients as usual, then pour the batter into a lined muffin tin. Once they’re done baking. Wait for them to cool and enjoy Banana Breakfast Muffins!
- Wet ingredient alternatives: If you don’t have extra virgin olive oil there are plenty of alternatives to make sure your Banana Bread is still delicious and moist. Try coconut oil, butter, unsweetened applesauce, or sugar-free Greek yogurt. If you use coconut oil, or unsweetened applesauce it is just a 1 to 1 exchange. Butter will also be a 1 to 1 exchange, just measure the butter out then melt it in the microwave. For the Greek Yogurt use half the amount of yogurt, instead of the oil that is called for. You can also use applesauce to replace the eggs, if you’d like to make the recipe vegan.
MORE HEALTHY BREAKFAST RECIPES
HOW TO STORE WHOLE WHEAT BANANA BREAD
- Serve: This Healthy Banana Bread will stay good at room temperature for 1-2 days. Cover the loaf in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to keep it fresh.
- Store: Banana Bread can last up to a week in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Freeze: Healthy Banana Bread is a great recipe to make ahead of time and store in the freezer. In an airtight container your Banana Bread can last 3 months. Slice the loaf before freezing to defrost one serving at time.
- 2 large bananas , mashed (very ripe, about 1 cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a 9×5" loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together mashed bananas, eggs, olive oil, maple syrup, orange juice, and vanilla extract.
- Sift together whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg then add it to the bowl of wet ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Pour the batter into your loaf pan and bake for 60-65 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before removing from loaf pan.
What do I use if I want an eggless Banana bread. And what quantity of the alternate ingredient.
Liked IT very much…..