Roasted Broccoli with Garlic is a crisp-tender, perfect make-ahead side dish. Just a handful of ingredients and a 15 minute cooking time!
ROASTED BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC
This healthy side dish is the perfect meal prep recipe, quick side dish for a weeknight meal. You’ll love how quickly it comes together with just a little olive oil, minced garlic cloves, salt, pepper, and broccoli. This is sure to become your favorite way to prepare broccoli. It’s gluten free, dairy-free, low-carb, and unbelievably delicious.
If you love this roasted Broccoli recipe you have to try these recipes for other roasted veggies. Try Parmesan Roasted Vegetables and Roasted Cauliflower Rice for more go-to side dishes. Just like this roasted broccoli recipe, a few servings of roasted veggies goes with practically any meal.
Roasted veggies come out crispy, caramelized, and slightly browned. Roasted Broccoli will make you forget all about steamed broccoli. There’s no need for making frozen broccoli in the microwave either. This oven roasted recipe is practically just as easy, but crispy and flavorful to boot.
Apart from the crispy texture and delicious taste, there are so many nutrients and vitamins you get from broccoli. It’s an absolute win-win!
TIPS FOR PREPARING ROASTED BROCCOLI
Turning wonderful fresh broccoli into Oven Roasted Broccoli is unbelievably easy. Start by taking two heads of fresh broccoli, then wash them and chop them into bite-size broccoli florets. Once you have bite-sized broccoli just toss them with extra virgin olive oil, black pepper, kosher salt or sea salt, and minced garlic.
Once the broccoli is coated it’s time to lay them out on your sheet pan. For easy clean-up line the pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Lay the broccoli out in a single layer, then just pop it into the oven to roast. You’ll know they’re done roasting when the broccoli is slightly browned and the stems are fork-tender.
That’s really all there is to this easy Roasted Broccoli with Garlic. The total time is just 20 minutes! This recipe is so easy and there are plenty of additions you can make. Try adding grated parmesan cheese or red pepper flakes before putting the broccoli in the oven.
MORE BROCCOLI RECIPES
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON ROASTED BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC
- Garlic and Parmesan Roasted Broccoli recipe: The next time you make broccoli add some melty cheese along with the garlicky flavor. To make Garlic Parmesan Broccoli add 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese. Toss the broccoli florets with olive oil, garlic, parmesan, salt, and pepper. Lay the broccoli out on your baking sheet, and feel free to sprinkle on a little extra parmesan before roasting.
- Add-ins: There are plenty of other delicious add-ins apart from parmesan. You can make Garlic Roasted Broccoli with lemon juice or lemon zest. Just, squeeze lemon juice out of a couple lemon wedges over the broccoli florets. Apart from lemon juice, you can add red pepper flakes, paprika, or cumin.
- Other oven-roasted veggies: Apart from flavor additions you can also add different kinds of roasted vegetables to the roasted broccoli. Try adding, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, carrots, onions, red bell peppers, or green bell peppers to the baking sheet for some more variety. You’ll love the crispy caramelization the onions get while roasting.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH ROASTED BROCCOLI
HOW TO STORE ROASTED BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC
- Serve: To keep it’s wonderful crispy texture, don’t leave Roasted Broccoli at room temperature for more than a couple hours.
- Store: You can store Roasted Broccoli in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freeze: Roasted Broccoli is also a great recipe for meal prep. Once it’s cooled put the broccoli in an airtight container and it will stay good in the freezer for 10 months. You can divide them into single servings for an easy grab-and-go side. Let the frozen broccoli defrost in the fridge, then put it on a sheet pan again, and heat it in the oven for a few minutes. To freshen up the broccoli before eating it, you can add a little bit of fresh garlic powder.
- 2 heads broccoli , separated into florets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, toss broccoli florets with the extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt, pepper and garlic.
- Spread the broccoli out in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until florets are tender enough to pierce the stems with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes.