Baked Chicken Fajitas are easy to make with tender meat and crispy peppers and onions perfect to serve in tortillas with your favorite sides.
This easy Baked Chicken Fajita recipe is perfect for a quick Weeknight Dinner Recipe. You can serve them up in tortillas with your favorite Mexican toppings and chips and Black Bean Dip on the side for the perfect healthy taco night!
BAKED CHICKEN FAJITAS
This Baked Chicken Fajita recipe is one of those recipes you’ll find yourself coming back to over and over again in your weekly dinner rotation. It’s made in just a few simple steps with a few ingredients like tender chicken strips, red, yellow, and green bell peppers, onions, and an easy Mexican spice blend. Just those few ingredients pack a flavor that will blow your mind!
The hands-on time is minimal, and there’s no need for a grill or making it on a griddle. Just pop the baking dish in the oven for the best lazy dinner ever!
Once you’ve baked the chicken, serve it in flour tortillas for easy tacos. Put out your favorite toppings on the table like guacamole, sour cream, beans, cheese, and salsa so everyone can add what they want. If you want a low-carb dinner you can also make taco bowls served over Cauliflower Rice instead of in a tortilla. Either way will taste unbelievable!
MORE MEXICAN FOOD RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING FAJITAS IN THE OVEN
This is one of the easiest dinner recipes you’ll ever make! It’s ready in just a few steps in 25 minutes, then you can serve it up with tortillas and enjoy.
- Prep: A few hours in advance you’ll want to move 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts to the fridge to thaw. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and spray your casserole dish with cooking spray. Right before starting the recipe, slice the chicken into strips about two inches each. Then slice the peppers and onions into pieces.
- Combine: Add all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and toss them all together. You want to toss the mixture until the chicken is well coated in the fajita seasoning. Then place the veggies and chicken in the baking dish.
- Baking time: Pop the casserole dish in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Assemble: To serve the Baked Chicken Fajitas wrap tortillas around them and add your favorite toppings like sour cream, cilantro, guacamole, Mexican cheese blend, and avocado slices.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON BAKED CHICKEN FAJITAS
- Homemade Fajita Seasoning: Instead of buying a packet, you can make your own fajita seasoning. To make the spice mix combine ½ teaspoon onion powder,
- Veggies: There are plenty of different veggies, you can add along with the bell pepper and onion. Try adding mushrooms, tomato wedges, corn, zucchini, or squash.
- Spicy fajitas: For Baked Chicken Fajitas with some extra heat, you can add spices like cayenne or chili powder. Apart from spices, you could add jalapeno peppers. A little goes a long way with any of these ingredients, so don’t add in too much.
- Garnish: Before serving you can top the dish off with fresh cilantro for garnish. You can also add a squeeze of lime juice for flavor and add a couple of lime wedges on the side.
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES
HOW TO STORE BAKED CHICKEN FAJITAS
- Serve: After baking, you should only leave this dish at room temperature for about 2 hours.
- Store: Once the recipe has cooled down to room temperature, you can wrap it in tin foil or seal it in an airtight container. The chicken will keep well in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: You could also keep Baked Chicken Fajitas sealed in the freezer for 6-9 months. Let the meat thaw in the refrigerator before you put them in the oven or microwave to reheat.
- 4 chicken breasts , boneless skinless - cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 red bell pepper , thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper , thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper , thinly sliced
- 1 red onion , thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons fajita seasoning , 1 packet
- Toss all the ingredients together in a large metal bowl.
- Place onto a large baking sheet.
- Roast for20-25 minutes.
- Serve on a tortilla with sour cream and cilantro.