Healthier Strawberry Shortcake Poke Cake made with applesauce and pineapple chunks, filled with strawberry condensed milk and strawberry whipped topping.
We love a good cake, even on a diet and this strawberry cake is no exception. We also love our flourless chocolate cake recipe too!
Strawberry Shortcake Poke Cake
Some great summery Poke Cake Flavors!
- Strawberry Lemonade Poke Cake: Add in extra lemon juice and zest into the condensed milk, cake mix and topping.
- Coconut Lime Poke Cake: Add lime flavors in place of strawberry and add in coconut flakes in the cake and top with toasted coconut.
- Fruit Punch Poke Cake: Use fruit punch jello flavoring and add in chopped strawberries, grapes and orange zest into the cake mix.
- Mango Poke Cake: Substitute mango powder in place of strawberry and add chunks of mango in the cake as well as on top of the cake.
- 1 15 ounce box yellow cake mix
- 1 ⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 10 ounce can crushed pineapple do not drain
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar free Strawberry Jello powder divided
- 7 ounces fat-free condensed milk
- 8 ounces fat-free Cool Whip
- 6 strawberries cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix yellow cake mix with eggs, pineapple and applesauce.
- Pour into a 9x13 pan with baking spray.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Poke the cake with a fork or end of a wooden spoon.
- Mix one teaspoon of the jello powder into the condensed milk.
- Pour the condensed milk over the cake.
- Mix the remaining jello powder into the cool whip.
- Spread over the cake, garnish with strawberries and additional whipped cream if desired.