Spicy Garlic Salmon with Olive Oil, burst roasted grape tomatoes is ready to cook in five minutes with a delicious spicy olive oil and garlic topping.
We love salmon in our house, especially now that my diet plan has gotten much more friendly to seafood. We’ve been able to enjoy salmon and add in ingredients we’ve never had room for before with our daily allotment.
Spicy Garlic Salmon
Last week’s Honey Soy Salmon was the first of MANY salmon recipes we love and eat frequently in our house. We’ve been huge fans of seafood for a long time and we’re making foods we never could’ve had on my previous diet program.
Spicy Garlic Salmon is a dish we’ve actually started making pretty frequently and using in place of grilled chicken. We cook the salmon then flake it apart and use it a bunch of different ways:
- Use it as a topping for salads.
- Crumble it into salmon cakes and make it into burgers.
- Enjoy over zucchini noodles (or sometimes we do half zucchini, half pasta)
- Enjoy with a Mediterranean appetizer plate of fresh hummus and roasted bell peppers.
- Serve it with a Greek Salad.
How to make Spicy Garlic Salmon:
- Make sure the pin bones are removed from your salmon and scales are off.
- Mix garlic, crushed red pepper, kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, dried basil and oregano.
- Rub the mixture onto the salmon and drizzle over 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Roast at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
How to Roast Salmon:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Add enough fat to protect the skin of the salmon and roast for 10-12 minutes, skin side down.
- If you want to remove the skin before roasting use parchment greased with olive oil.
Quick word of advice, unless you hate tomatoes, do NOT skip the tomatoes. They are amazing, when they roast and burst open the flavors get so concentrated we actually fight over them.
I’ve actually also roasted off a pan of them in the past to avoid the fight over the tomatoes.
Spicy Garlic Salmon
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Author: Sabrina
- 2 pound salmon filet skin on
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Make sure the pin bones are removed from your salmon and scales are off.
Mix garlic, crushed red pepper, kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, dried basil and oregano.
Rub the mixture onto the salmon and drizzle over 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
Stir the tomatoes around in the oil that came off the salmon.
Roast at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings, Amount per serving: 152 calories, Serving Size: 5 ounces, Calories: 152g, Carbohydrates: 2.4g, Protein: 9.6g, Fat: 9.3g, Saturated Fat: 1.4g, Cholesterol: 39mg, Sodium: 228mg, Fiber: 0.8g, Sugar: 1.6g
All images and text © for Cooking Made Healthy.Save Recipe