A Southwestern Honey Chili Salmon Bake made with honey, chili and lime baked with beans, corn and topped with grape tomatoes. A perfect diet friendly one pot dish.
Honey Chili Salmon Bake
Honey Chili Salmon is one of our favorite ways to cook salmon (also ALLLL the lime juice) because the honey does a great job protecting the moisture of the salmon while the chili powder adds an awesome deep rich flavor with no added smart points.
We basically live our lives with spices and citrus on my diet plan, so you’ll see a lot of the recipes like this Mexican Shrimp Burrito Bowl have lime or lemon juice added.
Leaning heavily on seasonings and citrus helps to cut down on sauces. Sauces are the evil guy when it comes to diet recipes. You can have a beautiful lean protein, add in some sauce (bbq sauce, ketchup, hoisin, etc) and all of a sudden you’re eating 5 points of sauce.
To plate this Honey Chili Salmon Bake:
- Once baked, plate the salmon, then stir all the vegetables gently together and spoon it over the salmon.
- This way you don’t leave behind the points you’ve allotted for the honey and the vegetables are rich and delicious.
- Sometimes we enjoy this served over cauliflower rice, but to be honest with the corn and the beans it isn’t even usually necessary.
- OR break apart the salmon chunks and stir it all together gently and top it on a salad or into tacos (or even lettuce boats).
This dish is great warm or room temperature too.
Lighten up the Points per Serving:
I like my roasted salmon and the vegetables coated in the delicious honey chili lime sauce, but if you are okay with cutting down the sweetness to a single tablespoon of honey for the recipe then it would seriously cut down the calories.
How to make Honey Chili Salmon:
Tools used in the making of this Honey Chili Salmon Bake:
Zester: Perfect for zesting citrus.
Baking Dish: I get a ton of compliments on this dish, plus it is oven safe for high temperatures.
Honey: I use this brand because it is guaranteed to be real honey and it is the best price per pound (but buy it in the store!)
Honey Chili Salmon
- Yield: 3 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Author: Sabrina
- 1 pound salmon filets cut into three portions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 lime zested and juiced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup canned black beans rinsed
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes halved
- cilantro optional for garnish
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Add the salmon to the baking dish and top carefully with the honey.
Sprinkle on the chili powder, kosher salt and lime zest.
Add in the corn and the beans around the salmon.
Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Add the lime juice over the entire dish and garnish with grape tomatoes and cilantro (optional).
Yield: 3 servings, Amount per serving: 511 calories, Serving Size: 1 filet, Calories: 511g, Carbohydrates: 62g, Protein: 45.6g, Fat: 11.2g, Saturated Fat: 1.7g, Cholesterol: 67mg, Sodium: 485mg, Fiber: 12.5g, Sugar: 12.8g
All images and text © for Cooking Made Healthy.Save