Healthy White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies are delicious, chewy, and perfect for the holidays. With whole wheat, cranberries, and white chocolate chips.
This cookie recipe has a similar base to The BEST Ever Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies, but with white chocolate chips and cranberries. These delicious flavors make it the perfect Healthy Dessert to start off your holiday baking.
HEALTHY WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY COOKIES
These White Chocolate Cookies are everything you could want in a cookie recipe. They’re easy to make, healthy, chewy, and oh-so delicious. The sweetness of the white chocolate and slight bitterness of the cranberry play off each other beautifully for a bold and irresistible taste.
If you’ve love other chocolate chip cookie recipes like Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies and The BEST Ever Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies, then Chewy White Chocolate Cranberry should be next on your baking list. All of these Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies use healthier ingredients, but still come out unbelievably sweet and gooey.
The next time you have a craving whip yourself up some healthy cookie dough. The white chocolate is sure to cure your sweet tooth and be a huge hit with anyone who tries it. Plus the recipe is so healthy and simple, it’s sure to become a go-to holiday recipe.
You might be thinking there’s no way a chocolate chip cookie recipe can really be healthy. However, with just a few changes this recipe gets rid of unnecessary calories, sugar, and fat, while keeping the perfect chocolate chip cookie taste and texture.
The first step is reducing the sugar in the recipe. Combined, the brown sugar and the white sugar in the cookie dough there are only 2/3 of a cup of sugar. Most recipes have double that. That makes a huge difference in the amount of calories and carbs, but you won’t notice it by how they taste. The white chocolate makes the cookies plenty sweet, so there’s no need for additional sugar.
Next, there’s the flour in this recipe. Instead of using all-purpose flour, there’s a combination of whole wheat and oatmeal flour. Both wheat flour and oats have more fiber and nutrients than white flour.
You can make your own oat flour by putting old-fashioned or rolled oats in the food processor. Using oat flour in the recipe gives the cookies their soft ooey-gooey texture. Cookies usually get this from butter, but because of the oatmeal you don’t need as much butter to make the perfect chocolate chip cookies.
MORE COOKIE RECIPES
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON HEALTHY WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY COOKIES
- Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies: You can always make this a more classic Chocolate Chip Cookie by using semisweet or dark chocolate chips. You can add the semi-sweet along with the white chocolate, or replace the white chocolate all together.
- Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies: Nothing says “happy holidays” like the flavors of cranberry and orange. So, why not combine the two? Add some orange zest to the ingredients. It will play up the flavors of the cranberries and make this great recipe even more special.
- White Chocolate Chip and Sea Salt Cookies: You can sprinkle sea salt flakes over the top of freshly baked cookies. This is a great way to add a little bit of flavor and sparkle to the already beautiful cookies. For a sweet and salty combo, mix the sea salt flakes with sanding sugar, then sprinkle that over the delicious cookies.
MORE HEALTHY DESSERT RECIPES
HOW TO STORE HEALTHY WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY COOKIES
- Serve: White Chocolate Chip Cookies can be kept at room temperature for up to 3 weeks. Just make sure to keep them in an airtight container.
- Store: Kept sealed in the fridge, Cranberry Cookies can stay fresh for up to a week.
- Freeze: To keep your cookies even longer, store them in the freezer. Kept in an airtight container, Cranberry Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies will stay good in the fridge for 6 months. You can also make the cookie dough ahead of time and store it in the freezer for up to 9 months.
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter , softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries , divided
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips , divided
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add rolled oats to a food processor and grind until they're a fine powder.
- In a stand mixer cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla until well combined.
- Add in applesauce until smooth.
- Sift together oat flour (your ground oats), whole-wheat flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to the stand mixer on the lowest setting until just combined.
- Fold in half the cranberries and half the white chocolate chips.
- Place the remaining cranberries and white chocolate chips in a small bowl and scoop 18 balls of dough (just shy of 2 tablespoons) onto a large plate.
- Roll each ball of cookie dough in about 6 white chocolate chips/cranberries.
- Refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, 6 to a regular sized cookie sheet (bake in batches, keep cookie dough in refrigerator while other cookies are baking).