Greek Chickpea Salad is the ultimate meal prep option with vegetables that are perfect for making ahead without getting soggy with high fiber and protein.
Mediterranean Chickpea salad with feta and olives is a fantastic salad option to serve along side dishes like Tabouli Salad or Lemon Greek Chicken Skewers.
Greek Chickpea Salad
Chickpea Salad is a natural vegetarian option for people adhering to a diet because it is high in fiber and protein with the use of chickpeas which are a fantastic option. Plus, it includes two of my favorite ingredients ever, feta cheese and greek olives.
This is just a simple chickpea salad, you can certainly swap out the ingredients as you’d like. This Chickpea salad with feta is a great vegetarian option but if you’re looking for a vegan chicken salad you can leave off the feta and add a vegan cheese. I love this article from PETA regarding Vegan Cheese.
More Easy Chickpea Salad Recipes:
- Chickpea Salad with Tuna: Add in a can of tuna chunks mixed lightly with a little bit of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of olive oil and a pinch of kosher salt.
- Chicken Chickpea Salad: Add grilled chicken breast strips onto the salad for no additional points.
- Chickpea Salad with Avocado: Add in an avocado diced into large chunks (toss the avocado in a bit of lemon juice before adding).
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 english hothouse cucumbers finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 10 kalamata olives halved
- Add the chickpeas, onion, bell pepper, cucumbers and parsley to a large bowl.
- Add in the olive oil, red wine vinegar, cumin, salt and pepper and toss really well together.
- Sprinkle on the feta and olives before serving.