Beef Teriyaki Skewers with a ginger and garlic based teriyaki sauce with bell peppers and onions is a delicious, beautiful easy dinner you can enjoy on weeknights!
Beef Teriyaki Skewers
Beef Teriyaki Skewers with a healthier yet full of flavor teriyaki sauce with a rainbow of vegetables is an easy and fun dinner option you can marinade for just 15 minutes or even up to the night before!
We’re big fans of skewers because they lend themselves to loading up on lean meats and vegetables with high heat and tons of flavor without the need for a lot of sauce.
Other tips for these Beef Teriyaki Skewers:
- Soak the wooden skewers before grilling them otherwise they may singe on the grill.
- Try not to overcook, since we’re using lean beef it can dry out quickly. Just a few minutes on each side is plenty.
- Make these into 6 servings instead of four by doing a ratio of 1 piece of beef to 3 pieces of veggies.
- Keep your sides low in points. Serve with steamed broccoli and carrots and fried cauliflower rice.
What kind of beef is best for beef kebabs: The most important thing to remember is we are using lean cuts of beef. If you can afford it filet mignon would be the most ideal and tender, but we successfully use london broil for delicious kebabs too. If we aren’t watching points as carefully we use trimmed ribeye chunks or ny steak.
Tools used in making these Beef Teriyaki Skewers:
Grill/Griddle: This combo lives on the center two burners of my oven because it’s so useful. Grilling on this pan is a breeze, I often use it even in the summer to avoid prepping the whole grill.
Mirin: Sweet Japanese cooking wine. If you can’t get it, sub white wine and additional 2 teaspoons honey.
Wooden Skewers: I used to fuss with metal skewers in the past but these wooden ones are just too easy to spend 30 minutes scraping metal skewers clean. Plus they’re recyclable.
Beef Teriyaki Skewers
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup lite soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger very finely minced
- 16 oz uncooked lean london broil cut into 1" chunks
- 1/2 red bell pepper cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 green bell pepper cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 red onion cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Soak skewers in water.
Mix the soy sauce, mirin, honey, garlic, ginger and beef in a bowl or ziploc bag.
Marinate as long as possible, at least 15 minutes.
Thread the beef on the skewers alternating with veggies with every piece of beef.
In a grill pan or on a grill heat the flame to medium high heat.
Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until just cooked through.
Yield: 4 servings, Amount per serving: 218 calories, Serving Size: 2 skewers, Calories: 218g, Carbohydrates: 14g, Protein: 27.6g, Fat: 6.2g, Saturated Fat: 2.1g, Cholesterol: 75mg, Sodium: 1892mg, Fiber: 0.77g, Sugar: 9.3g
All images and text © for Cooking Made Healthy.Save Recipe