Korean BBQ Chicken Drumsticks are slightly spicy, sticky, sweet, and full of garlic and ginger and crispy even with skin! Just one dish to clean and dinner is done in 40 minutes!
Korean BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
We love Asian recipes, whether healthy or not and while most call for stir fries or breading and frying, these chicken drumsticks are AMAZING and easy to make.
I actually toss all the ingredients together in the baking dish and cook so I don’t even have any prep bowls to wash up.
Plus, for all the sticky sweet deliciousness you still get two drumsticks for just 5 points. Yes, you can also swap the chicken drumsticks for chicken breast meat (I’ll make that dish for you all soon, but it brings down the points values drastically to basically just the brown sugar).
Create a free account to Save Recipes
One of my favorite recipes for a quick and easy meal is the super popular Ground Korean Beef you can find online. Sometimes I get tired of ground beef (and the recipes usually call for a ton of sugar) so I decided it would be easier and different to roast off chicken legs with the deliciously spicy, sticky and sweet sauce onto skinless chicken legs.
Why use skinless chicken legs? Chicken legs handle roasting at high temperatures really well and they taste amazing with the caramelized sugary sauce. Plus sometimes you just want to pick up a chicken leg and take a bite. Chicken breast meat is of course delicious but when you’re looking for dark meat flavor chicken drumsticks are a great healthy option.
Using a chicken thigh as a substitution would actually add significantly more points to the dish because there is a much higher fat content in chicken thighs.
You don’t have to go out and try and purchase skinless chicken legs, to-de skin just pull the skin back from the thicker side of the chicken leg.
Some tips for these Korean BBQ Drumsticks:
- Don’t try to make the recipe with frozen chicken drumsticks. The additional liquid will thin the cooking sauce.
- If you want to make the leftover sauce into a glaze you can cook it down to a thicker syrup on medium heat in a saucepan.
- Sometimes if I want a crispier baked chicken leg I actually score little “x” marks into the chicken. This gives more edges to crisp.
Looking for more chicken recipes?
- Sheet Pan Korean Chicken – From Dinner, then Dessert
- Lemon Greek Chicken Skewers
- Balsamic Bruschetta Chicken
- 12 drumsticks skinless
- 3 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss all the ingredients together and place into a baking pan.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes, basting once with sauce.