Skinny Chicken Alfredo Pasta made with garlic and Parmesan cheese that’s creamy, delicious and tastes just like the original with all the flavors of your favorite restaurant dish.
Skinny Chicken Alfredo
Chicken Alfredo has always been one of the my favorite pasta dishes to order out at restaurants and with good reason. The creamy, rich garlicky Parmesan sauce with fettuccine noodles has always been an indulgent choice until now!
The average chicken alfredo pasta dish at restaurants clock in at over 50 points per serving! This dish comes in considerably lower at just 7 smart points per serving thanks to some easy and still delicious ingredient swaps.
So why are the points so high still? Well, I love fettuccine noodles. We can make all the swaps we want but if you don’t get that same flavor you’re craving and love then this isn’t a satisfying recipe. This is a healthy alfredo sauce with greek yogurt but it still tastes like an indulgence.
Want to lighten up the points?
- Use skinnier pasta, a thin spaghetti will make the serving feel larger.
- Use half zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash in addition to or in place of half the pasta and you can save 3 points per serving.
- Add broccoli or spinach to bulk up the recipe.
How to make Alfredo Sauce:
Alfredo sauce has a béchamel sauce base with garlic and Parmesan cheese mixed in classically. This recipe replaces the cream with greek yogurt to make it healthier while still being creamy.
Tools used in the making of this Skinny Chicken Alfredo:
Cast Iron Skillet: I use this to cook in as cast iron is naturally non stick and you can cook over high heat without worrying about any non stick coatings releasing gases.
- 10 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 2 cups chicken breast cooked and cubed
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup pasta water
- 1 cup fat free greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- parsley for garnish optional
- Cook the pasta one minute shy of the directions on the box.
- Reserve one cup of the pasta water and drain (but do not rinse the pasta).
- To a cast iron skillet add the butter and garlic, cooking on medium heat until you can just smell the garlic.
- Add in the salt, pepper and flour and whisk well until the flour is fully combined.
- Add in the pasta water slowly while whisking.
- Add in the greek yogurt slowly while whisking.
- Add in the chicken and stir well until coated then add in half of the Parmesan Cheese, whisking until combined.
- Add in the pasta and toss it together well with the rest of the ingredients before serving.
- Garnish with remaining Parmesan cheese and parsley if desired.
The perfect comfort food – and with less guilt, perfect!
Wow, I can’t believe a regular portion of chicken alfredo has so many points!!! Loving this skinny version 🙂
Thanks, Amanda! I couldn’t live without alfredo pasta so I had to find one that worked with Weight Watchers!
My kind of comfort food!! It looks incredible! I can’t wait to try it!
I love a good pasta dish!
Me too, Krista!
This looks irresistible! Must try this!
This looks so good for dinner tonight or any night of the week!
Alfredo is one of my favorite dishes! I can’t wait to make this skinny version. So delicious!
Hope you enjoy it, Anna!
How well do you think this would be reheated?
You have to reheat alfredo sauce gently or the sauce will separate. Try reheating in a warm pan and adding a little milk.
Just found your site through SkinnyTaste. I love trying different recipes for me and my husband while sticking to my WW plan. Thank you!
Thanks, Patricia! I really strive to make dishes that are delicious enough for non-WW people to eat too!
It says 1 serving is 1/6 of the recipe. Do you know approx. how much this is? About a cup maybe!
About that, yes. With WW I tend to weigh everything out to be sure so I hesitate on serving sizes because people will cook differently.
Sorry meant to have a question mark, not an exclamation mark at the end!
Maybe I’m missing it, but at what point do you add the chicken?
Sorry about that, somehow the last three bullets got cut off, I updated it. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. 🙂
I blackened my chicken and added broccoli to the boiling noodles 2 minutes before they were done. Loved it!
I was a little skeptical about no cream or cream cheese. I’m one week in on weight watchers so I’m trying new things. It was very good! Husband and kid approved. It’s our new Alfredo recipe. Thanks so much
I’m so glad you tried it and it won you over! Thank you so much for the review too! 🙂
Looks delicious and I will have this tomorrow night!
What points do you think this converts too on WW? I am blue:)